This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
SCHOLAR - SAIIE Student Athlete Scholarship
|Program Website:||Click Here for Additional Information|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2015||04/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2015||04/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2015-2016||04/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
SAIIE Student Athlete Scholarship
This scholarship is available to UW-Platteville students
It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) UW-Platteville Student Athlete Scholarship to make studying abroad and participating on the SAIIE sports programs more financially attainable for UW-Platteville student athletes.
EligibilityEligible students must:
- must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- be a full-time degree-seeking UW-Platteville student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- be participating on the SAIIE education abroad program and a SAIIE sports program for at least one semester or one summer session.
- be an active, competitive student athlete at UW-Platteville in the chosen sport.
- agree to volunteer at two education abroad events and to serve as an Education Abroad Ambassador for SAIIE one semester following their international experience.
- give a presentation to their team upon completion of the program.
The SAIIE Education Abroad Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the selection committee will most strongly consider students who:
- submit a well written and grammatically correct essay on how the student believes this experience will develop them personally and professionally.
- propose creative ways to promote the value of education abroad and the SAIIE sports program to other students upon completion of their program.
How to ApplyClick the "Apply Now" button above to access and submit your scholarship application.
DeadlinesApplication deadlines are as follows:
- November 1 for spring semester and calendar year applicants
- April 15 for summer session applicants
- May 1 for fall semester and academic year applicants
Scholarship ProcessSAIIE will award one scholarship per sport program each term. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail after the SAIIE UW-Platteville Student Athlete Scholarship application deadline and the scholarship amount will be applied directly to their sports program cost. The award amounts are:
- Fall semester: $495
- Spring semester: $495
- Summer session I: $300
- Summer session II: $300
- Summer session I and II: $395