|Restrictions:||UW-Platteville Education Abroad applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2019||04/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10116Area of Study:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10101Minimum GPA:
Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) Education Abroad Scholarship
***This scholarship is only available to UW-Platteville students***
It is the goal of the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) Education Abroad Scholarship to make studying abroad at SAIIE more financially attainable for UW-Platteville students.
EligibilityEligible students must:
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- be a full-time degree-seeking UW-Platteville student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- be participating on the SAIIE education abroad program for at least one semester or enrolled in at least 6 credits during the summer session
- agree to volunteer at five education abroad events (e.g. education abroad fair, presentations) or to serve as an Education Abroad Ambassador or Global Amigo for one semester following their international experience.
- submit a well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay.
- describe thoughtful ways on of applying their education abroad experience to enhance the UW-Platteville learning environment when they return to campus.
- propose creative ways to promote the value of education abroad and the SAIIE education abroad program to other students upon completion of their program.
How to ApplyClick the "Apply Now" button above to access and submit your scholarship application
Application deadlines are as follows
- November 1 for spring semester and calendar year applicants
- May 1 for summer, fall semester and calendar year applicants
The UW-Platteville Education Abroad Office may consider late applications at its discretion.