SCHOLAR - AUR Education Abroad Scholarship
|Restrictions:||UW-Platteville Education Abroad applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10116Area of Study:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10101Minimum GPA:
American University of Rome (AUR) Education Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship is only available to UW-Platteville studentsIt is the goal of the American University of Rome (AUR) Education Abroad Scholarship to make studying abroad at AUR more financially attainable for UW-Platteville students.
EligibilityEligible students must:
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- be a full-time degree-seeking UW-Platteville student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- be participating on the AUR education abroad program for at least one semester.
- agree to volunteer at five education abroad events (e.g. education abroad fair, presentations) or to serve as an Education Abroad Ambassador or Global Amigo for one semester following their international experience.
The AUR Education Abroad Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the selection committee will most strongly consider students who:
- submit a well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay.
- describe thoughtful ways on of applying their education abroad experience to enhance the UW-Platteville learning environment when they return to campus.
- propose creative ways to promote the value of education abroad and the AUR education abroad program to other students upon completion of their program.
How to ApplyClick the "Apply Now" button above to access the scholarship application.
DeadlinesApplication deadlines are as follows:
- November 1 for spring semester and calendar year applicants
- May 1 for fall semester and calendar year applicants
Scholarship ProcessThe AUR Education Abroad Scholarship award amount will vary from term to term, with totals up to half of the AUR tuition for the chosen term, and will be confirmed if awarded. Successful applicants will be notified via e-mail after the AUR Education Abroad Scholarship application deadline and the scholarship amount will be applied directly to the program cost due to UW-Platteville Education Abroad in the student’s PASS account.