SCHOLAR - UW-Platteville International Study Scholarship
|Restrictions:||UW-Platteville Education Abroad applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||04/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||04/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Calendar Year||2018||04/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2018||04/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Winterim||2019||11/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2019||04/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Area of Study:||All||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
UW-Platteville International Study Scholarship
***This scholarship is only available to UW-Platteville students***The UW-Platteville International Study Scholarship is available to support UW-Platteville students who are participating on approved education abroad programs. These funds are provided by the State of Wisconsin and are allocated through the UW System to help students to fund their international experience.
NOTE: Limited amount of funds exists and scholarship funding is NOT guaranteed. Additionally, if you are receiving the International Study Scholarship for a Winterim program, you will not receive the funds until the fist week of Spring semester classes (after you have completed your study abroad program).
EligibilityAll UW-Platteville International Study Scholarship applicants:
- must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- must be enrolled as a full-time, degree-seeking UW-Platteville undergraduate student in the semester preceding their international experience (applicants who are enrolled as a “special student” are not eligible).
- must be applying for an approved program through UW-Platteville Education Abroad.
- must have demonstrated financial need.
- must agree to volunteer for one or more of the following:
- at education abroad events (five events for semester or year applicants, three events for short-term program applicants).
- as an Education Abroad Ambassador for one semester.
- as an Education Abroad Intern for one semester.
- as an international student orientation leader.
- cannot receive more than one international study scholarship.
|Max Amt:||Semester or year, enrolled in 12+ credits per term||Winterim, spring break, or summer, enrolled in 3+ credits per term)||Wisconsin Resident||Non-Resident or TSI||Must have a FAFSA on file with Financial Aid||Must demonstrate financial need|
|$2000 Scholarship||X||x (Only for summer full-time students)||X||X||X|
How to ApplyClick the "Apply Now" button above to access the scholarship application.
DeadlinesApplication deadlines are as follows:
|November 1||spring semester and calendar year applicants|
|November 1||winterim applicants|
|November 1||spring break programs|
|April 15||summer applicants|
|April 15||fall semester and academic year applicants|
Scholarship ProcessAfter students submit their UW-Platteville International Study Scholarship application to the UW-Platteville Education Abroad Office, it will be reviewed and sent to the UW-Platteville Financial Aid Office. Students will not be notified whether or not they receive the scholarship, rather it will be applied directly to the student's billing statement.
NOTE: Scholarship recipients are required to volunteer in the Department of International Programs upon return.